Thursday, November 12, 2009

Seeing Double

Experimented with shooting double exposures on my Holga when I visited Disneyworld back in May.  For those not familiar it's when you take a shot and just simply do not advance the film for 2 exposures.  Since I took so long to get these developed it was fun trying to figure out what the heck I took a shot of.

Click on the photos to view larger....


This one is my favorite.  I saw this cute couple slow dancing in the middle of Main St.  Even though Magic Kingdom was crowded that day you could tell they were in their own little happy world.  After I shot them I ran over to a Mickey and Minnie statue that is in the garden area in front of Cinderella's castle and took the second exposure to mimic the couple.   It's hard to see the statues but I thought the flowers came out nice.  It's as if they are dancing in a bed of ghost flowers with some creepy Mickey hands wanting to give them a hug.


This one is my second favorite.  I just love the colors.


Next up is the Haunted Mansion.  I just took a shot from farther away and then a shot up close.  The images of the people in the bottom right hand corner turned out rather ghostly looking. Was it because of the double exposure or was it because they were real hitchhiking ghosts?  Aaaaaaaa!


These were taken during the parade.  Everyone stopped in front of the castle and started dancing as the sun was setting.




Our hotel room was a few doors down from this giant Baloo and Mowgli.  It was difficult going to sleep at night knowing that they were out there.  In the dark.  Waiting.
Can you spot the Trevors?


More Holga fun coming your way in the next post!  Bye! Bye! Bye!

No comments: