Thursday, February 17, 2011

Princess party

My sister-in-law, S. Krystal, requested that I take photos of the 3rd birthday party of Hazel who is her son Finn's half-sister.  Got that?  It's even more complicated than that.  Well, it's not really complicated in that it is really more like amazing. We are lucky to have this extended family in our lives.

I was given the direction to shoot the kids being kids and that's what I did.  Kids can be so real and unabashed in front of the camera, it was easy.  I think some of us lose that charm as adults because we can get pre-occupied with how we look.  Shooting people being real and themselves is my favorite form of photography.  Sometimes, we just need to act like children. 

Anyway, the birthday girl had a princess theme so there was lots of pink and sugar and spice and everything nice.  

Hazel, the birthday princess

Silly Snow White






Cute E Pie

Mama D wore a matching princess gown





Cupcake cutie







It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to

Watching Mama Krystal being silly


Hazel gives brother Finn a squeeze

Sister Ivy is pooped out on partying

Princess Hazel peeks from her cardboard castle

Happy Birthday, Hazel!

If you were at the party and would like to see more or want to purchase prints, e-mail me at rachel@rachelmccauley.com. I will provide you with a link and a password to a private online gallery.

No comments: