Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Flowers, Treee and Moon Opening

My sister's, girlfriend's, sister's boyfriend Gabo had his first art show opening at Open in Long Beach this past Saturday, September 26.

I have read many comics over the years and I have never seen it presented in this different and creative way. He printed his panels on to canvas from his Treee  comic and with each chapter you walked from story to story sequentially through the gallery.

So, instead of reading at home alone we got to experience and discuss it with interesting people in the middle of many old, lovely smelling books, drink wine and eat cheese. He even had an interactive gallery that you could manipulate with a Wii remote and crafty little tangible versions of the characters within the story hanging about.

His gallery will be open to the public for another month. If you find yourself in Long Beach I recommend checking out this fun little gallery from this up and coming artist.

Click on this photo to see more photos on my Flickr...
The Flowers, Treee and Moon Opening

Since this is a photography blog I guess I should mention that I shot these with my Canon 40D and Canon 50mm f/1.8. I totally brought the wrong lens since the gallery was a bit crowded. I couldn't back up far enough to get things in frame so I couldn't take the shots I wanted. Either I need to get a good zoom lens with more range or be more prepared next time. I say both!

;D

No comments: