Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Ellen Show

I was lucky enough to attend the taping of Ellen Degeneres' 1st Breast Cancer Awareness show for the month of October which will be airing today October 1 at 4PM on NBC.

If you want to see my goofy face on TV along with Steph and Cari's you can catch us in the background of the game segment with Kate Walsh.

I took the photo above with my iPhone since cameras aren't allowed. My mother, who is pictured in the red, is a very most recent survivor of breast cancer so this was an extra poignant taping of a show I have ever been to. Many of the attendees themselves were survivors or currently fighting. It was a bit daunting to see just how many people have been affected by this disease but despite what they have or are going through everyone was in great spirits.

Ellen's own mother is a survivor of breast cancer as well. She really puts her heart in to the fight against breast cancer. Ellen is an amazing human being as are the many other survivors that were there.

Yesterday, I truly witnessed Ellen's mantra of:

LAUGH. DANCE. CURE

No comments: