Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Olga & Mark

Last year, my sister's co-worker asked if I could do a little photo shoot for her along with her boyfriend and 2 year old daughter at the Fullerton Arboretum. I was pleasantly surprised. I guess she had seen some of my photos on Flickr and liked them.

At this time, I did not even have my first DSLR for long. I jumped at the opportunity with a bit of trepidation and a ton of excitement. In my limited experience as a photographer I have learned that just going out there and shooting and shooting and shooting is one of the best ways to learn. Just do it! Still, I couldn't help thinking in the back of my mind that I was going to mess this up big time and that my hobby would no longer be fun for me.

I was SO wrong! I had the best time. They were such a delight to photograph and I learned alot from the experience. I could feel it in my heart and in the very depths of my soul I wanted to do more of this kind of thing.


A few months later they contacted me once again, and to my surprise, asked me to photograph their wedding! I couldn't believe it. I asked them if they were sure and reminded them that I am a total amateur and had never photographed a wedding before. Even after reminding them of these facts they still wanted me to shoot it. Crazy!

After much research online, asking advice from fellow experienced photogs, doing a couple shoots here and there I felt as ready as I ever would be. The day came and went. I was spent but it was one of the best experiences I have ever had. Sure, looking back on it I wish I had done a few things differently, but all in all I am very happy with the photos. Most important of all I hope Olga and Mark enjoy the photos for years to come.

Thanks Olga and Mark for believing in me! You guys are so perfect for each other and I am one lucky girl to have shared your special day with you guys.

xoxo
Rachel

No comments: