Wednesday, September 29, 2010

First loves

16 years ago I shot these two kids in love in a park somewhere in the San Fernando Valley.  16 years later these two kids are still in love and are celebrating their 9th wedding anniversary today!

Happy Anniversary Shannon and Jose!


Thank you for always being there for me.  Thank you for always welcoming me to your lovely home and cooking the best tacos ever.  Thank you for having the 2 sweetest girls, Maya and Morgan, to play Beatles Rock Band with.  Thanks for being one of my earlier guinea pigs models for when my passion for photography first started. I love you guys. 

I shot the photo above with my old Ricoh KR-10 35mm SLR film camera.  I even developed the roll myself and made prints in the darkroom.  Aaaaahhh.  The good old days.  This was my first legit camera and I still use her to this day.

Cheers to first loves and everlasting relationships!

No comments: